By Nikos Tagmatarchis
This publication covers the nomenclature and modeling of carbon nanomaterials, contains examples of surfaces and skinny movies of fullerenes, and examines the morphology and constitution of carbon nanotubes and the characterization of peapod fabrics using transmission electron microscopy. It additionally offers electro-optical houses and self-assembly and enrichment in carbon nanotubes, by way of suggestions for the chemical functionalization of carbon nanohorns and endohedral metallofullerenes. eventually, the purposes of endohedral metallofullerenes in quantum computing and of functionalized carbon nanotubes in drugs finish this attention-grabbing review of the field.
Read or Download Advances in carbon nanomaterials : science and applications PDF
Similar nanostructures books
Extremely fine-grained metals can exhibit unparalleled ductility, often called superplasticity, in the course of sheet forming. the better ductility of superplastic metals makes it attainable to shape huge and intricate elements in one operation with no joints or rivets. the result's much less waste, reduce weight and production expenditures, excessive precision and shortage of residual pressure linked to welding.
The layout of mechanical buildings with more suitable and predictable sturdiness can't be completed with no thorough knowing of the mechanisms of fatigue harm and extra particularly the relationships among the microstructure of fabrics and their fatigue homes. Written by means of major specialists within the box, this publication (which is complementary to Fatigue of fabrics and constructions: program to wreck and layout, additionally edited by means of Claude Bathias and Andre Pineau), presents an authoritative, finished and unified remedy of the mechanics and micromechanisms of fatigue in metals, polymers and composites.
This e-book provides a multidisciplinary method of single-molecule electronics. It encompasses a entire assessment of the sphere, from the synthesis and layout of molecular applicants to the regularly occurring experimental innovations, complemented by way of a close theoretical description. This all-inclusive technique presents the reader with the much-needed point of view to completely comprehend the far-reaching ramifications of single-molecule electronics.
The worldwide growing old society has considerably elevated the necessity for implant fabrics, which not just change broken or misplaced tissue yet also are capable of regenerate it. the sector of bioactive glasses has been increasing regularly over contemporary years as they've been proven to bond with not easy and tender tissue, free up therapeutically energetic ions, and manage to improving bone formation and regeneration.
- Plunkett's Nanotechnology & Mems Industry Almanac 2010: Nanotechnology & MEMS Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies (Plunkett's Nanotechnology & Mems Industry Almanac)
- Advanced Tomographic Methods in Materials Research and Engineering
- Nanowelded Carbon Nanotubes: From Field-Effect Transistors to Solar Microcells
- Fundamentals of Creep in Metals and Alloys
- Functional Nanometer-sized Clusters of Transition Metals Synthesis, Properties and Applications
- The thermomechanics of plasticity and fracture
Extra resources for Advances in carbon nanomaterials : science and applications
174. Spherical onion cores always follow a single conﬁguration, C60 @C240 @. . C60∗n∗n . . 21. (a) Atomistic model of a spherical carbon onion, C60 @C240 @C560 . 187 While metal-ﬁlled onions are of interest for their electromagnetic response,188 the primary interest in carbon onions is for tribiological applications. The onion’s spherical shape means they should serve as useful low-friction lubricants, while the multilayer structure makes them mechanically more robust than simple single-layer fullerenes.
16 Other Molecular Forms As well as the fullerenes, once hydrogen termination is included there are a vast range of other carbon molecular forms. There are books devoted to the structure and properties of fused polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons,224 small “graphene-like” platelets of ﬁnite size, beginning with benzene (C6 H6 ). We mention here only some special cases due to unusual topologies, and only discuss those for whom an experimental synthetic route has been devised; there are many more theoretically proposed structures in the literature.
5–100 nm — Tens of microns Wide variety of types and sizes of nanoparticles and nanotubes 2 to ca. 20 2 to ca. 50 or more — Highly defective walls, diﬃcult PSP Book - 9in x 6in No. ). SWCNT applications are currently more limited but are of interest for optical (luminescence, absorption, strain characterization agents in matrices) and electrical (wires and devices in nanoelectronics, charge transport in solar capture devices, surface absorption for detection) applications, notably where their unique electronic structure coupled with 1D morphology is of particular beneﬁt.